Project Update!

I guess you could say I took the holiday season off from blogging! Today I am just doing a quick update on some of the projects I have been working on. Hopefully, after the new year starts I will be able post more and on more than just sewing! We recently moved from dial-up internet to high speed internet! This will make it much faster to post pictures. Yipee! One last thing before I move on to some of the sewing projects I have been working on…I hope to do a “New Year’s Resolution” giveaway soon! I have some child training charts from Doorpost’s that I have extras of and want to share with you! So keep checking back or follow by email, facebook, or Google Friend Connect to never miss a post!

This is a cape pattern I tested out for for Seemingly Smitten. It was simple to make and looked so cute! Lillon just adores it!

This is the China Little Flower dress from Create H.O.P.E Designs. (All proceeds go to help orphans!) I made it for Christmas in a size three for one of my nieces! The dolly dress is the Janey doll dress pattern from  Sew Sweet Patterns. Both dresses sewed up quickly and easily. I added a ruffle to the front for fun of the ‘big girl’ dress  and a heart and button on the dolly dress.

These dresses were made from the same patterns  as above for my other niece in a size 7. She also got a matching dress for her dolly. 🙂 I added a pocket and light blue ricrac to the  ‘big girl’ dress and a heart with blue ricrac trim to the dolly dress. These were so fun to make! This was my first major project that used shirring with elastic thread. I did end up having to take out the shirring on the neckline of the first dress because the thread I used kept breaking- lesson learned. Use good quality thread when shirring! The coats and clarks thread worked well for it. The serging thread I had did not. :/ Otherwise the shirring was simple and I had no problems after changing the thread. The doll dresses used 1/4″ elastic-no shirring involved if that scares you. Both girls were thrilled to have dresses that matched their dolly’s! I am hoping to make one each for Lillon and Eden before Christmas. (doll dresses)

These are the baby shoes I made for my friend Laura’s baby shower.  The pattern was from Stardust Shoes and it is free! It is a very basic one. I added the straps and buttons to the front. I sewed them one before sewing the main parts of the shoe together. I love the fun they add to the shoes!

Before my sewing projects took over I was busy with this:

We had a bumper crop of apples this year and I have three trees!I picked about 7-8 bushels of apples. I managed to put up 30 quarts of applesauce, 12 pints of apple butter, 4 quarts apple pie filling, froze about 8 quarts apple pie filling (I mess up while canning them- they didn’t seal- plan B 😉 ) and froze several gallons of cut up apples. I couldn’t find someone to take the extra apples I had, so quite a few went to waste.  Some did go to the goats and there are some still in the trees for the deer to eat as they fall this winter. 🙂 I have to mention I could not have done it all without the help of my trusty side kick and pro apple sauce maker/peeler- Richie.

And because we haven’t seen her face yet in this post…here is Eden. Her job is to make Mommy smile all day!

Linked to:

This entry was posted in Family, Homemaking, Sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Project Update!

  1. Christie says:

    I love the matching dolls dresses, such a sweet idea!

  2. Pam says:

    I just love Lucy’s Little Flower Dress!!! The pattern is so easy to follow. Both of your versions are terrific, but I especially like the top one with the black contrast. The added ruffle is a nice touch. What a great idea to make the matching doll dresses. They are so cute.

    • Brooke says:

      Thank you, Pam. The pattern was fun to work with. I will definitely be making more of these for my own little girls.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *