Last week I got to test out a new baby pants pattern, the Cloth Tots CD Pants. CD stands for cloth diaper. 😉 I have been in the tester forum for Cloth Tots for a while now and have been waiting for these! When you cloth diaper, regular baby pants often don’t work. The rise is shorter and you don’t have the volume needed for that bulky diaper. Usually you can get away with knit pants, but who wants to limit themselves totally to knit??? So here is a brief review.
- The instructions were simple and easy.
- The pants whipped together in no time. The longest part of putting them together was the lace I added.
- They fit over cloth diapers. If you have REALLY bulky diapers I would recommend you use knit fabric, but for “average” cloth diapers woven fabric works great.
- They aren’t just for cloth diaper children!
- These were quite long. This is a great thing if you have a long legged child. Mine tend toward average to short legged…lots of short people in my family! They were actually about 2″ too long for Abigail. They good news is that they should still fit her in a year.
These pants would be great for a beginner or advanced sewist. The Cloth Tots CD Pants Pattern comes in sizes Newborn to 4T. You can find out more about them HERE if you are interested.
*This post is purely my experiences and opinions. I was not paid or reimbursed in any way for it.*